Last updated on January 19th, 2019 at 03:41 pm
Summer Camp Intro
Summer camps are an optional part of the Army Cadet program but are highly recommended. There is no cost to attend a summer camp. Summer Camp signup is in the middle of January. The date is posted on the calendar.
- Information regarding Army Cadet Summer Camps and Expeditions can be found in this section. All forms, joining instructions, kit lists and camp descriptions are found on this page
- Please carefully review all documentation pertaining to your Cadet’s camp or expedition.
- There are key dates and deadlines associated with all camps and expeditions. These dates will also be posted here.
- Departure and return information will be posted on the Corps Facebook page. You must be a member of the 676 Lorne Scots Facebook page to access this information
Expedition Centre Training
Expedition Centre training is mandatory part of the Army Cadet program for all Silver and Gold star cadets. It is held in the Spring. Cadets that do not complete the Expedition Centre training program will not progress to the next star level and cannot be promoted to the next rank.
Information can be found here on the Army Cadet Summer Courses. During the summer camp information and sign up session held in the middle of January each year, Cadets will select up to 3 courses and rank them in order of preference.
Summer Camp Transportation Information
- All Cadets must present their health card to board the bus. Health cards must be valid and have an expiry date after your scheduled return date. Cadets without valid health cards will not be permitted to attend camps.
- Please ensure the Cadet Transportation form is completed and with your cadet departing for camp. It must be submitted upon arrival at camp. This form can be found in the LINKS section at the bottom of this page.
- A Parent of Guardian of each Cadet MUST be present for the Sunday bus departure to sign your child’s camp forms. Cadets with a parent not attending will not be allowed to board the bus.
- All Cadets must be in uniform to board the bus. For Blackdown and Connaught, tunics are not required and must be left at home. Full uniforms are required for Rocky Mountain, Valcartier, Argonaut and all international exchanges. Please refer to the joining instructions for up to date dress requirements
- Carefully review the kit list and forms found in the tabs below.
- All buses for Blackdown and Connaught depart on Sundays.
Joining Instructions, Forms & Information
- Blackdown Joining Instructions
- Connaught Joining Instructions
- Valcartier Joining Instructions
- Staff & Staff Cadets Joining Instructions
- HMCS Ontario Joining Instructions
- Rocky Mountain National Army Cadet Training Centre – Joining Instructions, Kit List, Transportation Form
Graduations & Camp Ceremonies
Parents should be seated 30 minutes prior to the event. Parents may pick up their Cadet for transport home after the event. Cadets not picked up after the ceremony will be returned by bus to Milton the next day. All Blackdown graduation parades will take place on the Blackdown main parade square. Visitor parking is provided just inside the main gate of Blackdown, approximately a 5-
Due to the extreme traffic congestion entering Blackdown for the Sunset and Final graduation ceremonies, expect a 60-
Blackdown Final Graduation Ceremony